CHARLOTTE, N.C. – In their final preparation for the Conference Carolinas Championship, the King University women's cross country team ran at the Queens Royals XC Challenge. Kaitlin Rivera led the way with a personal record time to finish 72nd in a deep field.
KING RESULTS: No Team Score
LOCATION: Charlotte, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Rivera set a personal record by nearly 30 seconds, finishing in 19:15.4.
- Kayce Byrnside also set a personal record, posting her first time under 20:00. She finished in 19:57.7, bettering her previous fastest time of 20:42.5.
- Kirstin Barton set a personal best by more than 1:15 when she finished in 21:58.6.
- The final Tornado to finish was Sarah Minchey who set a personal best by nearly 30 seconds. She finished in 22:11.1.
FOR THE FOES
- Davidson University finished first while Wake Forest University was second and Queens University was third.
- Emily Kearney of SCAD Atlanta won the individual title, finishing in 17:32.3, and Leah Hanle of the University of Mount Olive finished second.
- King competes at the Conference Carolinas Championship on October 21. The race is scheduled to be run at Frank Liske Park in Concord, N.C.