LOUISVILLE, Ky. – The King University women's cross country team returned to action at the highly attended Greater Louisville Classic. The Tornado finished 41st in the blue race and were led by Kaitlin Rivera who finished 100th in a field of more than 400 runners.
KING RESULTS: 41st of 48
LOCATION: Louisville, Ky.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Rivera posted a personal record 5k time, finishing in 19:46.50 to finish 100th in the event.
- Kayce Byrnside followed, finishing in a time of 21:05.35.
- Coming in next was Abbi Pierce who finished in 22:19.93.
- Sarah Minchey finished next, coming in with a time of 22:48.18.
- Kirstin Barton rounded out the team with a time of 23:38.70
FOR THE FOES
- Grand Valley State University won the team title and Shawnee State finished second.
- Individually, Tiffany Rauch of Indiana Tech won the event with a time of 17:39.62.
- King will be in action again on Friday at the Queens Invitational in Charlotte, N.C.