OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. – The King University women's wrestling team had a good finish at the U23 Nationals with Allison Petix taking a runner-up finish and Nicole Joseph finishing fourth. Former Tornado Forrest Molinari came away with a first place finish.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- At 59 kilograms, Petix dropped a tight 8-7 decision to Abigail Nette in the first of three championship bouts.
- In the second match, Petix came away with a 5-3 decision to force a decisive third match.
- However, Nette, took the third match 6-2, giving Petix at runner-up finish.
- Joseph started Saturday with a 6-0 decision over Brinna Csontos in the consolation semifinals to move into the third place bout.
- However, she fell to Teniya Alo in the third place match, giving her a fourth place finish at 62 kilograms.
- At 65 kilograms, Molinari won the first two matches over Jayden Laurent 6-0, and 4-0 to take first and earn a spot on the U23 world Team for the second straight year.