OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. – Three members of the King University women's wrestling team competed at the U23 Nationals on Friday, with Allison Petix advancing to Saturday's championship series.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Petix won all three of hear matches at 59 kilograms to reach the title series on Saturday. She started with a 4-0 decision over Charlene Hagemaster before topping Ismilena Valles 8-0 in the quarterfinals.
- In the semifinals, Petix defeated Alexandria Liles on an 11-0 technical fall, earning her a spot in the championship on Saturday.
- Petix will face Abigail Nette in the best 2-of-3 championship series.
- At 62 kilograms, Nicole Joseph will compete in the consolation semifinals on Saturday. She started with a 10-6 decision over Anna Poyner. However, she then fell to Brenda Reyna in the semifinals.
- Joseph will face Destiny Lyng in the consolation semifinals on Saturday.
- Leilani Vital also competed, but dropped both of her matches at 68 kilograms.
- Former Tornado Forrest Molinari will wrestle for the title at 65 kilograms after three straight wins on Friday. She will face Jayden Laurent in the best 2-of-3 championship series on Sunday.
- The finals will take place on Saturday in Oklahoma City, Okla.