BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University women's wrestling team had a pair of student-athletes compete at the Body Bar National Championships, and both will be returning with medals. Nicole Joseph came in with a runner-up finish at 59 kilograms while Aleeah Gould finished third at 48 kilograms.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Joseph started her day with a 14-6 decision over Bridgette Duty before registering a 15-4 technical fall victory over Alyson Sabbagh
- She then pinned Michaela Beck in 5:31 before earning a spot in the finals with a 1:51 pin over Emma Bruntil.
- In the best-of-three final, Joseph dropped a pair of matches to Gracie Figueroa, giving Joseph a runner-up finish.
- Gould advanced to the semifinals, using a pair of falls and a technical fall. She pinned Cassandra Lopez in 0:57 before defeating Jessica Rodriguez on a 12-2 technical fall.
- She then pinned Mariah Lomas in 1:22 before dropping a 6-2 decision to eventual Kateri Rowell 6-2.
- In the consolation bracket, Gould pinned Leah Olsen in 2:30 before defeating Angel Rios on a 13-2 technical fall to take third place.
RESULTS BY WEIGHT CLASS
48 kg – Aleeah Gould 5-1, 3rd
59 kg – Nicole Joseph 4-2, 2nd