SALVADOR DA BAHIA, BRAZIL – The King University women's wrestling team had two wrestlers compete for Team U.S.A. at the Pan American Championships on Saturday, and both will be returning with medals. Alum Alli Ragan won the gold medal at 60 kilograms while Forrest Molinari took bronze at 69 kilograms.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In a round-robin tournament, Ragan won all three of her matches, two by fall and the third by technical fall.
- She first pinned Laurence Beauregard of Canada in 1:46 before pinning Andria Pimentel De Sou of Brazil in 1:24.
- Ragan took the gold with a 12-2 technical fall victory over Nes Marie Rodriguez Tirad of Puerto Rico.
- Molinari opened her day with a 1:19 pin of Virginia J Fernandez Salaz of Mexico.
- However, she fell to eventual champion Olivia Gra Di Bacco of Canada in the semifinals.
- She then had a bye in the consolation bracket, giving Molinari the third place finish.