LAS VEGAS, Nev. – The King University women's wrestling team had a good showing on the first day of the U.S. Senior Nationals. All four Tornado in action placed, headlined by a pair of third place finishes from Nicole Joseph and Forrest Molinari.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In her first U.S. Senior Nationals appearance, Joseph started with a 9-3 victory over Abigail Nette in the quarterfinals before falling to eventual champion Jenna Burkert in the semifinals. She then won her next bout to take third at 60 kilograms.
- At 69 kilograms, Molinari took an 11-0 technical fall victory over Alexandria Glaude in her first bout before falling to eventual champion Elena Pirozhkova on an 8-0 decision. She then took third with another victory by technical fall.
- Jessi Kee was the final Tornado to place, taking fifth. She fell to eventual champion Jennifer Page in her first bout before working her way back to take fifth.
- At 75 kilograms, former Tornado and current assistant coach Julia Salata finished second, falling to Erin Clodgo in the finals. She took wins over Nahiela Magee and Brittany Marshall.
- Marina Doi, Regina Doi and Gabby Garcia will compete on Sunday in the U.S. Senior Nationals.
- King will go for their fourth straight National Wrestling Coaches Association National Duals championship on January 4-6 in Fort Wayne, Ind.
KING RESULTS BY WEIGHT CLASS
60 kg – Nicole Joseph, 3rd
63 kg – Jessi Kee, 5th
69 kg – Forrest Molinari, 3rd
75 kg – Julia Salata, 2nd