WILLIAMSBURG, Ky. – The King University women's wrestling team continued their dominance early in the season as the Tornado won their first five matches at the Patriot Duals in pool play. The second ranked Tornado (in the duals rankings) outscored their opponents 197-25 on the day as none of the opponents reached double figures.
FINAL SCORE: #2 King 35, #5 University of the Cumberlands 9; #2 King 41, #16 Missouri Valley College 2; #2 King 44, #21 Emmanuel College B 0; #2 King 34, #11 Missouri Baptist University 9; #2 King 43, #22 Ferrum College 5
LOCATION: Williamsburg, Ky.
RECORDS: King 5-0
HOW IT HAPPENED – #5 CUMBERLANDS
- Marina Doi gave King the early 4-0 lead with a technical fall win at 101 pounds, and Daisy Santos followed with a pin at 109 pounds.
- Breonnah Neal followed with a technical fall victory at 116 pounds and Hanna Grisewood earned a fall in 1:33 at 123 pounds to make it an 18-0 lead.
- At 130 pounds, Haley Augello earned a technical fall victory to stretch the lead. Jessi Kee at 143 pounds and Forrest Molinari at 155 pounds gave King a 34-1 advantage before Cumberlands scored in the final two matches.
- However, the Tornado still took the match 35-9.
HOW IT HAPPENED – #16 MISSOURI VALLEY
- Following a pair of forfeits, Santos and Grisewood earned back-to-back technical fall wins at 116 and 123 pounds to give King a 17-1 lead.
- Nicole Joseph at 130 pounds and Gabby Garcia at 136 pounds then earned consecutive wins by fall to extend the King advantage of 27-1.
- Molinari and Kenya Spencer capped the 41-2 victory with a win by fall and another by technical fall at 170 and 191 pounds, respectively.
HOW IT HAPPENED – #21 EMMANUEL B
- Neal earned a 10-0 technical fall victory at 109 before King rolled off four straight wins by pin.
- Santos started the run at 116 pounds and Grisewood followed at 123 pounds. Joseph and Garcia capped the run of pins at 130 and 136 pounds, respectively.
- Molinari earned another win by fall at 155 pounds before a pair of forfeits gave King the 44-0 victory.
HOW IT HAPPENED – #11 MISSOURI BAPTIST
- Doi started King at 101 pounds with a win by fall in 46 seconds. Following a forfeit, Santos took another win by fall in 1:13 at 116 pounds to stretch the King lead to 15-0.
- Garcia earned a win by fall in 53 seconds at 136 pounds before Molinai took a 10-0 technical fall win at 155 pounds and Spencer capped the 34-9 victory with an 11-1 technical fall victory at 191 pounds.
HOW IT HAPPENED – #22 FERRUM
- Following a forfeit at 101 pounds, Cassidy Ferrell earned a 10-0 technical fall victory at 109 pounds to give King a 9-0 lead.
- Aleeah Gould followed with a win by fall at 116 pounds and Grisewood earned another win by fall at 123 pounds.
- At 143 pounds, Kee took a 10-0 technical fall victory.
- At 155 pounds, Molinari took a win by fall and Spencer capped the 43-5 victory with a win by fall at 191 pounds.
- King closes out the Patriot Duals on Saturday when the wrestle for their third straight Patriot Duals championship.