BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University women's volleyball team faced off against Tusculum College for the second time this season. The Tornado started off strong, but the Pioneers offense proved to be too much as they took the match 3-1 over King.
FINAL SCORE: Tusculum 3, King 1 (24-26, 25-19, 25-21, 25-19)
LOCATION: Student Center Complex; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 9-10, 4-4 Conference Carolinas; Tusculum 12-9, 7-4 in conference
HOW IT HAPPENED
- King got off to a great start as they recorded a solid .250 hitting percentage in the opening set. Remi Thele led the way in the first set with four kills for the Tornado offense.
- Defensively, Amy Serowski led King with nine first set digs.
- With the set tied at 24-24, back to back kills by Cathy Scaniffe and Victoria Gause gave the Tornado the first set victory 26-24.
- Becca Huddleston and Scaniffe recorded four kills a piece during the second set to propel the Tornado offense.
- Huddleston also recorded six digs during the set and Serowski recorded five more digs to give her a total of 14 digs through two sets.
- The second set went back and forth between the teams, but Tusculum ended up pulling away late to take the second set 25-19.
- King got off to a fast start in the third set by jumping out to an 11-5 lead. Scaniffe and Huddleston again recorded four kills apiece during this set.
- The set was led by defense for the Tornado as four players posted at least five digs apiece including seven digs from Serowski.
- Unfortunately, the Pioneers offense proved to be too much as they stormed back to take the third set 25-21.
- Huddleston led the Tornado offensively in the fourth set with four kills. Defensively, Serowski led King with five digs.
- Tusculum's defense was strong in the fourth set as they recorded 11 digs and six blocks as a team to take the set 25-19 and ultimately the match 3-1.
- Huddleston led with 14 kills and 11 digs.
- Scaniffe recorded 12 kills, Thele posted 10 kills, and Emma Carico recorded nine kills.
- Abby Anderson posted 46 assists and Serowski led the way defensively with 26.
FOR THE FOES
- Cassie Born posted a double-double for Tusculum recording 13 kills and 13 digs.
- Shannon Murphy recorded 43 assists, nine digs, and five kills for the Pioneers.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Huddleston recorded her sixth double-double of the year for the Tornado.
- King hosts Belmont-Abbey on Saturday at 2:00 pm for a Conference Carolinas matchup.
- Tusculum College host Lenoir-Rhyne on Friday.