Apr 15, 2017
CULLOWHEE, N.C. – In their final tune-up before the Conference Carolinas Championships, the King University women's track and field team finished 12th and were led by Hannah Kusmierz at the Beynon Sports Catamount Classic.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Kusmierz finished fourth in the 3000 meter steeplechase with a time of 11:51.30. She also finished the 1500 meter run with a time of 5:01.91.
- In the 200 meter dash, Amari McFadden nearly set a personal record with a time of 25.90 seconds.
- Neyasha Honorable came close to a personal record in the 400 meter dash with a time of 1:00.98. She set a personal record with a 200 meter dash time of 26.64 seconds.
- Kaitlin Rivera came within one second of her personal best 800 meter time when she finished in 2:26.63.
- In the high jump, Bree Cassidy set a season best, clearing 1.53 meters, which is 0.02 meters from her career-best.
- Ebony Jones posted a mark of 5.25 meters in the long jump.
- The Tornado are in action again on April 28-29 at the Conference Carolinas Championships host by Southern Wesleyan University in Central, S.C.