MONTREAT, N.C. – The King University women's track and field competed at the Montreat College Invitational over the weekend. The Tornado finished first in the meet with 111 points with Hannah Kusmierz and Ebony Jones recording first place finishes.
KING RESULTS: 1st of 14
LOCATION: Montreat College Pulliam, Montreat, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Taylor Grayson in the shot hammer recorded a season best distance of 41.51 meters, placing second and in the discus throw, finished in fourth with a mark of 33.87 meters, also a season best.
- In the 5000 meter event, Kusmierz won with a time of 18:50.37, a personal record.
- In the 400 meter dash, Neyasha Honorable finished in second place with a time of 1:01.02.
- Amari McFadden competed in the 100 meter dash, crossing the line in a time of 12.67, placing second and in the long jump, registered a mark of 5.11 meters, finishing in fourth place, breaking a previous personal record of 5.09 meters. She also competed in the 200 meter dash, placing second with a time of 26.19.
- In the 800 meter run, Alisha Steward placed second with a time of 2:24.64, a season best.
- Kaitlin Rivera ran in the 1500 meter, finishing in fifth place in a time of 5:09.06, also a season best.
- In the long jump Jones won the event, registering a mark of 5.30 meters, a personal record and in the 400 meter dash, crossed the finish line in a time of 1:02.96, placing seventh, also a personal record.
- Lindsey Burnett competed in the long jump, placing second with a mark of 5.14 meters and in the 200 meter dash, recorded a seventh place finish with a time of 27.49 seconds, setting a personal record.
- The Tornado will be in action again Thursday through Saturday at the Montreat College Invitational in Montreat, N.C.