HIGH POINT, N.C – The King University women's track and field team opened their outdoor season at the High Point Invitational over the weekend. Hannah Kusmierz had a top ten finish in the 3000 meter run, and Amari McFadden finished 15th in the 100 meter dash out of 53 contestants participating.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Kusmierz ran the 3000 meter event in a time of 10:42.91, placing ninth, breaking her personal record time of 11:00.59.
- In the 100 meter dash, McFadden recorded a time of 12.46 seconds, finishing in 15th place, breaking her previous personal record of 12.51 seconds.
- In the 800 meter run, Alisha Steward set a season best time of 2:25.95.
- In the hammer throw, Taylor Grayson registered a mark of 38.06 meters in her first time competing in the event.
- Ebony Jones jumped a distance of 5.01 meters in the long jump.
- King will be in action again on Friday at the Winthrop ADIDAS Invite in Rock Hill, S.C.