WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – The King University women's track and field team finished fifth at the Conference Carolinas Indoor Championships. Three Tornado set personal records at the event.
KING RESULTS: 5th of 10
LOCATION: JDL FastTrack, Winson-Salem, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Hannah Kusmierz set a pair of personal records, finished sixth in both the mile and 3,000 meters. She finished the mile with a time of 5:29.39 and the 3,000 meters with a time of 5:29.39.
- Neyasha Honorable set a personal record with a 400 meter time of 1:00.64 to finish fifth.
- Amari McFadden finished seventh in the 60 meter dash with a time of 7.91 seconds.
- Also in the 60 meter dash, Ebony Jones set a personal record with a time of 8.03 seconds.
- The distance medley relay team of Kusmierz, Honorable, Alisha Steward and Maggie Edwards finished seventh with a time of 13:28.34.
- In the triple jump, Amani McFadden took seventh with a season-best mark of 10.66 meters.
- Bree Cassidy took fifth in the high jump with a mark of 1.50 meters.
- In the throwing events, Taylor Grayson took a pair of top three finishes. She finished runner-up in the shot put with a personal record mark of 11.20 meters.
- She also finished third with a weight throws of 12.76 meters.
- The NCAA Division II Individual Track & Field National Championships are scheduled for March 10-11 in Birmingham, Ala.
- King opens the outdoor season on March 17-18 at the High Point Invitational.