WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – The King University women's track and field team competed at the Wake Forest Invitational on Saturday. Ebony Jones had the highest finish for the Tornado on the day, placing 13th in the long jump.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the 3000 meter event, Hannah Kusmierz finished in a season best time of 11:18.99, placing 17th.
- Freshmen Kaitlin Rivera ran the mile in a season best time of 5:41.82, placing 22nd.
- In the long jump Ebony Jones recorded a distance of 5.03 meters, grabbing 13th place.
- Lindsey Burnett jumped a distance of 4.68 meters in the long jump and freshmen Michiah Watts recorded a season best distance of 4.65 meters.
- In the prelims of the 60 meter dash, Amari McFadden crossed the line in a time of 8.10 seconds and in the 200 meters she finished with a time of 27.36 seconds.
King will be in action again on February 3-4 at the Buccaneer Invitational in Johnson City, Tenn.