JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. – The King University women's track and field team opened their indoor season at the ETSU Invitational over the weekend. Kaitlin Rivera finished in 7th place in the 5000 meter event and Taylor Grayson posted a 9th place finish in the weight throw.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Amari McFadden ran the 60 meters in a time of 7.84 seconds, finishing in 13th place.
- In the 5000 meter event, Kaitlin Rivera finished in 7th place with a time of 18:38.08.
- Freshmen Michiah Watts posted a distance of 10.18 meters in the triple jump.
- In her first collegiate event Ebony Jones ran the 60 meters in a time of 8.20 seconds and recorded a distance of 5.09 meters in the long jump.
- Another freshman Taylor Grayson posted a distance of 13.48 meters in the weight throw to place in 9th place and recorded a distance of 11.27 meters in the shot put.
- In the 200 meter freshman Neyasha Honorable ran the 200 meters in a time of 26.00 seconds.
- King will be in action again on January 21 at the wake Forest Invitational in Winston-Salem, N.C.