BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University women's tennis team hosted their first home match of the spring when they took on Conference Carolinas foe Belmont Abbey College. The Crusaders spoiled the day, taking a 7-2 win.
FINAL SCORE: Belmont Abbey 7, King 2
LOCATION: King Tennis Courts, Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 1-6, 0-4 Conference Carolinas; Belmont Abbey 7-7, 1-1 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- King took the No. 1 doubles match as Katya Cerny and Marianne Hull defeated Darian DeFrench Morgan Zahnd 8-6.
- The Crusaders took the other two doubles matches, one by default to take a 2-1 lead.
- Cerny took her No. 3 singles matches in three sets of DeFrench. Cerny won the first set 6-1, before falling 7-6 (7-2) in the second set. Cerny took the match with a 10-2 third set victory.
- However, that was the only match King would win in singles play as the Crusaders took the final five matches to take the dual 7-2.
- King is scheduled to host Pfeiffer University at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday.
- Belmont Abbey is slated to travel to Lees-McRae on Saturday.