BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University women's tennis team hosted their third dual match of the year against Mars Hill University on Saturday afternoon. The Tornado lost 2-1 in the doubles and 4-2 in singles to fall in the match 6-3 overall.
FINAL SCORE: Mars Hill 6, King 3
LOCATION: King Tennis Courts; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 1-2; Mars Hill 2-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In doubles the Tornado were down 2-0 after the second flight duo of Marianne Hull and Ashley Salazar were edged by Evan Lake and Jade Henke 8-6.
- No. 3 doubles duo of Haley Maloney and Catherine Vezey then took the court. They defeated Sophia Pelaez and Hannah Hill 8-6 to cut into the lead 2-1.
- For the single's, the Tornado sent out Ashley Salazar at the third flight to face Evan Lake when the Tornado were down 2-0. Salazar took the first and second set's 6-1 for victory.
- At the sixth flight, Salazar played again, this time against Danl Potts. Salazar won the first set 6-1 as well as the second to get the victory.
- King will be in action again on February 5 when they play on the road against Wofford. The dual is scheduled to start from Spartanburg, S.C. at 1:00 p.m.