BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University women's tennis team hosted their second dual match of the year against Milligan College on Saturday afternoon. The Tornado won 3-0 in the doubles and 5-0 in singles to win the match 8-0 overall.
FINAL SCORE: King 8, Milligan 0
LOCATION: King Tennis Courts; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 1-1; Milligan 0-3
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the first doubles match the first flight duo of Ashley Salazar and Marianne Hull won 8-6 over Abigail Allen and Lexie Hill.
- The No. 2 doubles Katya Cerny and Emily Smith defeated Minda Martin and Brenna Ketron 8-4.
- Tornado sent Haley Maloney and Alyssa Salazar for the third flight against Rachel Blankenship and Rebecca Guthrie which ended in an 8-0 victory for the Tornado.
- In single's Hull defeated Allen at the top flight. The sets were won 6-3 and 6-2.
- The next singles featured Catherine Vezey who won against Hill at the second flight in striaght sets of 6-1 and 6-0.
- Cerny defeated Martin in the No. 3 single's in straight sets 6-4 and 6-2.
- The fourth flight featured Salazar and Ketron. Salazar won the match in straight sets 6-3 and 6-1.
- King sent Smith against Blankenship in the No. 5 singles. Smith gained victory by winning the first set and second set 6-0.
- King will be in action again on Saturday when they host Mars Hill. The dual is scheduled to start at 12:00 p.m.