BRISTOL, VA. – The King University women's swimming team faced Milligan College and Columbia College on Saturday afternoon. The Tornado swam well, but fell to both of their opponents.
KING RESULTS: Milligan 101, King 75; Columbia 96, King 86
LOCATION: Bristol, Va.
RECORD: King 4-5
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The 200 yard medley relay team of Jess Vargo, Macarena Martin Mayor, Nicola Mead, and Madison Wisley started the event with a first place time of 1:52.78.
- In the 1000 yard freestyle, Vargo finished in second with a time of 12:18.94. She also placed in second in the 100 yard breaststroke as she touched the wall at the time 1:14.82.
- Mead touched the wall first in the 200 yard freestyle with a time 2:04.42. She also finished in first in the 100 yard butterfly with a time of 59.42.
- In the 50 yard freestyle, Wisley finished first with a time of 25.63. Haley Carpenter set a new personal record with her time of 29.61 in the 50 yard freestyle.
- Martin Mayor touched the wall first in the 200 yard individual medley with a time of 2:22.63. She also finished in second and set a new personal record in the 100 yard backstroke with a time of 1:05.47.
- In the 100 yard freestyle, Wisley finished first with a time of 57.10. Carpenter finished fifth in this event with a time of 1:05.68. This time for Carpenter was a new personal record. She also finished third in the 100 yard breaststroke with a time of 1:18.70.
- The day finished up with the 200 yard freestyle relay team of Wisley, Martin Mayor, Vargo, and Mead finishing with a time of 1:47.54.
QUOTES FROM THE COACH
- "This was a great weekend of racing for our team and a good test of our endurance and determination. Today we won over half of the races, and I couldn't be happier for our team. We will get back to training and look forward to the Sewanee Invite in two weeks."
- King will be in action on October 27th when they travel to Sewanee, Tennessee to swim in the Sewanee Invitational.