BRISTOL, Va. – The King University women's swimming team returned to the pool for the first time since November on Friday night. Mars Hill University edged the Tornado 97-86 in a close match.
FINAL SCORE: Mars Hill 97, King 86
LOCATION: Bristol, Va.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the 200 yard medley relay, King finished in a time of 2:05.02 seconds.
- In the 200 yard freestyle Nicola Mead swam for a time of 2:04.58 seconds to finish in first.
- King next competed in the 50 yard freestyle and Nicole Maldonado placed first with a time of 25.00 seconds flat. Sam Vargo finished in a time of 27.63 for a third place finish.
- Jess Vargo placed second in the 200 yard individual medley, finishing in a time of 2:22.70 seconds.
- Mead finished in a time of 1:00.31 seconds finishing in first place.
- In the 100 yard freestyle Maldonado placed first with a time of 55.55 seconds.
- Sam Vargo swam the 100 yard backstroke in a time of 50.19 seconds to finish in second.
- The 500 yard freestyle event featured Macarena and she placed in second place with a time of 5:57.33 seconds.
- Jess Vargo placed second in the 100 yard breaststroke, swimming in a time of 1:14.58. Haley Carpenter finished third in a time of 1:22.06 seconds.
- In the 800 yard freestyle relay the Tornado finished in a time of 8:46.28 seconds.
- King will be in action again on January 28th when they will swim at Emory & Henry College in Emory, Virginia. The meet is scheduled to start at 1:00 p.m.