GAINSVILLE, Ga. – The King University women's swimming team had a great weekend at the Brenau Invitational, setting five school records at the event. Macarena Martin Mayor led the way for the Tornado, setting four individual records on the weekend.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Martin Mayor lowered school record in the 400 yard individual medley with a time of 4:45.36, lowering the mark by nearly one second.
- She followed that with a time of 1:11.30 in the 100 yard breaststroke, bettering the previous mark or 1:11.66.
- Martin Mayor shaved nearly seven seconds off the 200 yard breaststroke school record of 2:35.53 with a time of 2:28.53.
- In the first leg of the 200 yard breaststroke, Martin Mayor broke the 100 yard breaststroke record with a tiem of 1:11.11, lowering the previous mark by nearly one second.
- The 200 yard medley relay team of Samantha Vargo, Jess Vargo, Annie Ly and Nicole Maldonado set a school record by more than one second, finishing in a time of 1:54.25.
- King will be in action again on January 13 when they host Mars Hill University at Virginia High School. The meet is scheduled to start at 6:00 p.m.