SEWANEE, Tenn. – The King University women's swimming team had a very productive and memorable two days, posting two school record relay events in the 100 yard medley and 100 yard freestyle at the Sewanee Invitational. Nicola Mead won the 100 yard butterfly and set a school record in the 200 yard butterfly event. Nicole Maldonado won the 50 yard freestyle event as well.
LOCATION: Sewanee, Tenn.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The relay team of Samantha Vargo, Jess Vargo, Mead, and Maldonado finished second in the 100 yard medley with a time of 54.40 seconds, breaking the school record of 56.17 seconds, set back in November of 2012.
- King placed second in the 100 yard freestyle relay. Maldonado, Samantha Vargo, Annie Ly, and Mead posted a time of 48.42 seconds, bettering the previous school record of 48.91 seconds.
- Mead finished in second in the 200 yard butterfly with a time of 2:13.71, shattering the previous school record of 2:18.86.
- Maldonado won the 50 yard freestyle event, posting a time of 25.06 seconds.
- In the 100 yard butterfly, Mead won the event, posting a time of 59.91 seconds.
- King will be in action again on November 4 when they travel to take on Carson-Newman University at 6:00 p.m.