BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University women's soccer team squared off against Trevecca Nazarene University at Parks Field. The contest was a close with the Trojans scoring the only goal of the game late in the second half to take the match.
FINAL SCORE: Trevecca Nazarene 1, King 0
LOCATION: Parks Field; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 2-5, Trevecca Nazarene 4-2-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The shots on goal for the game were even at five apiece.
- Trevecca and King were again very close on shots, 13 and 11 respectively.
- There were opportunities for the Tornado to score, even one shot by Kara Garrett hitting the crossbar from 35 yards out.
- Diana Corzine scored the only goal in the game in the 61st minute, dribbling the ball down the right side and drilled the ball into the lower left net unassisted.
- King had the advantage in corner kicks, four to three.
- Lauren Cox had four saves on the day for the Tornado.
FOR THE FOES
- Corzine's goal was her first of the season.
- Liz Denton had five saves for the Trojans.
- King next faces Belmont Abbey at home on Tuesday, September 27. Kickoff is scheduled for 3:00 pm.
- Trevecca Nazarene next takes on Anderson Broaddus University on Thursday.