BRISTOL, Tenn. – In the second Conference Carolinas matchup of the year the King University women's soccer team faced off against Converse College. The Valkyries scored three goals in the first half, and another one in the second half to take the contest 4-0.
FINAL SCORE: Converse 4, King 0
LOCATION: Parks Field; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 2-4, 0-2 Conference Carolinas; Converse 3-2-1, 1-1 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Tornado had chances in both the first and second half but couldn't find the net.
- King hit 17 shots, four of which were on frame.
- Converse struck in the 13th minute when Hallie Lycans scored her third goal of the year from the right corner over the goalkeeper's head unassisted.
- The Valkyries scored their second goal of the game in the 26th minute which came from Alex Marquez. Emily Barry kicked a free kick 35 yards away into the box and was kicked by Marquez into the lower left corner.
- The third goal of the first half for Converse came from Marian Elliott in the 30th minute. Alex Marzuez sent a pass that split the defense and was then shot by Elliott into the left upper net.
- Julia Babic scored her first goal of the year and the fourth of the game for Converse in the 85th minute. On another free kick from just beyond the box, Babic found the mark in the lower left corner of the net.
- Nicole Dagher had four saves in the match.
FOR THE FOES
- Marquez's goal was her second of the year.
- Josee Waltrovich had seven saves for Converse.
- King next squares off against Trevecca Nazarene at home. Kickoff is scheduled for 4:00 pm.
- Converse next faces Mount Olive on Tuesday.