BRISTOL, Tenn. – On this sunny afternoon at Parks Field the King University women's soccer team turned in a solid performance against Mars Hill University, earning their first victory of the season. The Tornado got goals from four different goal scorers, taking the 4-3 win.
FINAL SCORE: King 4, Mars Hill 3
LOCATION: Parks Field, Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 1-1, Mars Hill 0-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Mars Hill got off to a very quick start scoring in the third minute when Natasha Castellano scored unassisted.
- The Tornado answered scoring four of the next five goals to take the lead.
- Catherine Walsh got King on the board when she scored a header from Lindsay Curtis which landed in the front right corner of the goal.
- After Castellano scored again in the 15th minute, the Tornado struck back when Miranda Smith hit a stellar shot from the right corner to the upper right net in the 27th minute
- Kendyl Baird scored in the 50th minute when she received a free kick from Smith and hit a shot into the lower left hand corner of the net.
- The final goal for King came from Kara Garrett who received a long pass from Reagan Dempsey in the box and beat the defender ripping a shot in the lower right corner of the net.
- For the game, Mars Hill had 12 shots putting seven shots on frame and King had nine shots, seven of which were on goal.
FOR THE FOES
- Castellano tallied a hat trick for the day.
- Kaityln Danglemaler had three saves on the day.
- Julia Johnson had the only assist for the Lions.
- King will be in action again on Wednesday when they square off against Tusculum at 7:00 in Greeneville, Tenn.
- Mars Hill next takes on Converse College on Wednesday.