BRISTOL, Tenn. – Following a lightening delay of nearly two hours the King University women's soccer team got their season underway against Brevard College. The match was scoreless the majority of the way until the Tornados broke through in the 74th minute to take the contest 1-0.
FINAL SCORE: Brevard 1, King 0
LOCATION: Parks Field, Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 0-1, Brevard 1-0
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Tornado had several scoring opportunities in the first half taking four shots.
- King continued to pressure in the second half but couldn't break through.
- Brevard broke through in the 74th minute when Ashley Mevoli found Ashley Hughes with a throughball who bit the keeper to the lower right side of the net.
- Nicole Dagher posted four saves for the Tornado.
- King had the advantage with seven corner kicks compared to two from Brevard.
FOR THE FOES
- Ashley Hughes scored her first goal of the season.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Tornado was coming off of a two game opener winning streak, including defeating Brevard 5-0 in 2013.
- King stays at home to host Mars Hill University on Saturday evening at 5:00 p.m.
- Brevard next faces Oglethorpe on Tuesday.