BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's wrestling team returned to action with their first home dual when they hosted Emmanuel College on Thursday evening. The Tornado got off to a good start, but the Lions came back to take the lead and later the match 26-17.
FINAL SCORE: Emmanuel 26, King 17
LOCATION: Student Center Complex; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORD: King 1-1, 1-1 ECAC; Emmanuel 2-0, 1-0 ECAC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Reed Jacks had a great second period at 125 pounds to open up an 11-3 lead over Alberto Perez. Jacks continued to pour it on in the third period, taking the bout by technical fall 20-5 to give King a 5-0 advantage.
- However, the Lions Dylan Carlile answered with a 5-3 overtime victory at 133 pounds, and Emmanuel followed with a pin at 141 pounds and decision at 149 pounds to take a 12-5 lead.
- Cory Collins got King back on the board at 157 pounds a he started the second period with a takedown and near fall, turning a 2-1 lead into a, 8-1 advantage. He went on to take the bout 9-5, cutting the Tornado deficit to 12-8.
- The Lions then took another win by pin at 165 pounds before Joey Mammolenti earned a 4-0 decision over Dylan Gouine at 174 pounds, but King still trailed 18-11.
- Emmanuel clinched the dual with a technical fall at 184 pounds and a decision at 197 pounds.
- Cody Davis ended the meet with a pin for the Tornado at 285 pounds. He pinned Kenny Mason in 1:16, but he Tornado fell 26-17.
- King is in action again on January 13-14 at the Virginia duals.
- Emmanuel next takes on Shorter in January 13.