SNOW HILL, N.C. – Rain didn't stop the King University women's golf team from winning their first Conference Carolinas championship, shooting 302 in the second round to finish with stroke total of 606. Along with the team title, Nicola Robertson earned co-individual medalist honors.
KING RESULTS: 1st of 10 (606)
LOCATION: Cutter Creek Golf Club; Snow Hill, N.C.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72; 5894 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Robertson posted her second straight round of even par 72, ending the tournament in a tie with Meghan Holbrooks of Pfeiffer University.
- They played four playoff holes before the course was deemed unplayable and Robertson and Holbrooks were named co-champions.
- Samantha Taylor also finished in the top 10, taking ninth with a tournament score of 153 following a second round of 77.
- Fiona Hebbel took 11th finished the tournament with a round of 75 to shoot 154 in the tournament.
- Coming in next with a score of 158 was Emilie Olstad who shot 78 in the final round.
- Daphne Chang rounded out the squad with a tournament score of 161 following a second round of 84.
FOR THE FOES
- King won the tournament with a score of 606, finishing first, three strokes ahead of Limestone College's 609.
- Robertson and Holbrooks finished tied for first and Belmont Abbey College's Kaitlyn Gribbon took third at 148.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Conference Carolinas title is the first for the Tornado. King finished runner-up in 2016 and 2013.
- King has now won their last two tournaments, the last time the Tornado won two tournaments in a season was in 2014-15.
- Robertson becomes King's second Conference Carolinas individual medalist, joining Elizabeth Swallow in 2014.
- The win also marks Robertson's third career tournament title, last winning the Smokey Mountain Intercollegiate last season.