MONROE, N.C. – The King University women's golf team closed the Wingate Intercollegiate Challenge with a round out 331, finishing sixth with a tournament score of 655. Fiona Hebbel led the way for the Tornado, finishing 12th.
KING RESULTS: 6th of 9 (655)
LOCATION: Rolling Hills Country Club; Monroe, N.C.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72, 5922 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Hebbel improved on her first round of 82 to shoot 78 in the second round and finish 12th with a tournament total of 160.
- Daphne Chang was next, finishing with a total of 163 following a final round of 85 following a first round of 78.
- Coming in next was Samantha Taylor who played a pair of consistent rounds, shooting 84 in both rounds for a total of 168.
- Emilie Olstad shot 90 in the final round for a tournament total of 170 following her first round of 80.
- Rounding out the squad was Nicola Robertson who improved on her 87 from the first round to shoot 84 in the second round for a total of 171.
FOR THE FOES
- Wingate University won the tournament with a score of 638 while Queens University of Charlotte finished second at 641.
- Christie Blaurock of Young Harris College and Katie Tomassoni finished tied for first with a tournament score of 154. Blaurock was the individual medalist after make a 30-foot birdie putt on the first playoff hole.
- The Tornado will be in action again on April 3-4 at the Agnes McAmis Memorial hosted by Tusculum College at Link Hills CC in Greeneville, Tenn.