HARDEESVILLE, S.C. – The King University women's golf team followed their lowest round in program history with a round of 303 in the final round of the Hilton Head Lakes Invitational. The Tornado finished third with a tournament score of 600 and were led by Nicola Robertson and Samantha Taylor.
KING RESULTS: 3rd of 17 (297)
LOCATION: Hilton Head Lakes; Hardeesville, S.C.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72; 5800 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Robertson finished the tournament with a round of 75, giving her a total of 149 to finish 11th.
- Taylor carded a 74 in the final round, giving her an 11th place finish with a total of 149.
- Daphne Chang wasn't far behind, finishing with a tournament total of 150 following a second round of 76.
- Fiona Hebbel followed with a second round score of 78 to finish with a two-round total of 153.
- Emilie Olstad rounded out the team with a tournament score of 154 following her second round of 80.
FOR THE FOES
- The University of West Georgia won the event with a team score of 587 and Wingate University took second at 591.
- The Tornado came in third at 600.
- West Georgia's Franziska Bremm was the individual medalist as five golfers were tied atop the leaderboard with tournament scores of 146. Bremm shot one-under 71 in the final round.
- The Tornado will be in action again on March 21-22 at the Wingate Intercollegiate at Rolling Hill Country Club in Monroe, N.C.