SPARTANBURG, S.C. – The King University women's golf team put together a pair of solid rounds to start the spring season, taking a runner-up finish at the Converse Spring Invitational by Founders FCU. King shot 316 in the second round to finish with a total of 631 and were led by a third place from Daphne Chang.
KING RESULTS: 1st/19 (315-316-631)
LOCATION: Carolina Country Club; Spartanburg, S.C.
COURSE DETAILS: 5881 yards; par 72
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Chang followed a 75 in the first round with a 77 in the second round to finish third with a stroke total of 152.
- Emilie Olstad improved on an 81 in the opening round with a 78 in the second round to finish with a total of 159.
- Playing a pair of consistent rounds, Fiona Hebbel finished with a total of 161, carding 80 in the opening round and 81 in the final round.
- Nicola Robertson finished with an 80 in round two after shooting 83 in the first round for a total of 163.
- Rounding out the squad was Samantha Taylor who shot 165, following a 79 in the first round with an 86 in the second round.
- Autumn Bergendahl played as an individual and finished with a stroke total of 195. She carded a 94 in the opening round and a 101 in the second round.
FOR THE FOES
- Converse College came back to take the team title, shooting 309 in the second round for a tournament total of 627.
- King finished second at 631 and Lincoln Memorial University was third at 636.
- Converse's Marley Felthousen won the individual title, shooting 73-76 for a total of 149.
- Alexa Rippy of Trevecca Nazarene University took second at 150 and Chang was third at 152 along with Chelsea Mansel of Lenoir-Rhyne University.
- King will be in action again on March 6-7 at the Hilton Head Lakes Invitational in Bluffton, S.C.