ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. – The King University women's golf team moved up the leaderboard on Tuesday, finishing 10th in the final tournament of the fall, the Flagler College Fall Slam. The Tornado shot 317 in the final round for a total of 641 and were led by Daphne Chang.
KING RESULTS: 10th of 16 (641)
LOCATION: Marsh Creek Country Club; St. Augustine, Fla.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72; 6062 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Chang led King in both rounds, improving on her 78 in round one with a 77 in the second round for a tournament total of 155.
- Nicola Robertson wasn't far behind, following a first round 80 with a 79 in round two for a total of 159.
- Shooting 162 was Fiona Hebbel who posted an 82 in the opening round and improved to shoot 80 in the final round.
- Samantha Taylor also improved in the second round, carding an 81 after shooting a first round of 84 to finish with a total of 165.
- Rounding out the squad was Emilie Olstad who carded an 85 in the first round and followed it with an 89 in the second round for a total of 174.
FOR THE FOES
- Barry University won the team title, shooting 587 to beat out host Flagler College who posted a score of 604.
- Seminole State College was third at 605 and the University of Montevallo took fourth at 607.
- Tilda Larsson of Barry won the individual title with a score of even par 144. Tusculum College's Ciara Rittana wasn't far behind, shooting 145.
- King returns to action in the spring on February 20-21 at the Converse Spring Invitational at the Country Club of Spartanburg in Spartanburg, S.C.