SALISBURY, N.C. – The King University women's golf team shot 309 in the second round of the Patsy Rendleman Invitational, finishing with a total of 634, and placing eighth. Nicola Robertson had the round of the day for the Tornado shooting a one-under to place sixth.
KING RESULTS: 8th of 15
LOCATION: Country Club of Salisbury; Salisbury, N.C.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72, 6005 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Roberson's 71 tied with Christina Casanella of Wingate University for the second lowest round of the day. Roberson's round total for the tournament was 151.
- Samantha Taylor carded a 78 in round one, followed by a 79 in round two for a total of 157.
- Fiona Hebbel was next, shooting a 78 in round two, after carding a 84 in round one combining for a total of 162.
- Daphne Chang finished with a round of 81, after shooting a 84 in round one for a total of 164.
- Rounding out the team for the Tornado was Autumn Bergendahl who scored a 90 on day two, after shooting a 96 in day one, totaling a 186 for the tournament.
FOR THE FOES
- Tusculum College finished the day shooting a 308, after scoring a 305 on day one. The total of 613 was first in the tournament.
- Individually, Abbey Hartsell of Lenoir-Rhyne University had the round of the day shooting a 68. In round one she shot a 73, totaling for a score of 141 which earned first place.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Bergendahl's round of 90 was her lowest of her career.
- Robertson's sixth place finish was her second top ten finish of the season.
- King next plays October 24-25 at the Flagler College Fall Slam, hosted at the Marsh Creek Country Club in St. Augustine, Florida.