BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University women's golf team opened their home tournament with a solid round of 305 to lead the King University Invitational. Fiona Hebbel is also atop the leaderboard after shooting even par 71 in the opening round.
KING RESULTS: King 1st of 7 (305)
LOCATION: Country Club of Bristol; Bristol, Tenn.
COURSE DETAILS: Par 71, 5852 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Hebbel started her day on the back nine with three straight birdies. She finished the round with an even par 71, leading the tournament by two strokes.
- Daphne Chang and Emilie Olstad are both in the top five after the first round. The both shot 77 and are in fifth with one round to play.
- Nicola Robertson and Samantha Taylor rounded out the squad with first round scores of 80.
FOR THE FOES
- King leads the tournament with a score of 305 while Converse College and Carson-Newman University are in second at 312.
- Hebbel leads the individual tournament with a score of 71 while Reagan Kinnie of Carson-Newman is in second at 73 and fellow Eagle Elizabeth England is third at 75.
- The tournament concludes with the second round on Tuesday at the Country Club of Bristol. Tee times start at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday morning.