HENDERSONVILLE, N.C. – In their opening tournament of the season, the King University women's golf team placed four players in the top 10, resulting in a second place finish at the Etowah Intercollegiate. The Tornado shot 634, including a second round of 312 to take second, and were led by Fiona Hebbel who took second.
KING RESULTS: King 2nd of 5 (634)
LOCATION: Etowah Valley Country Club; Hendersonville, N.C.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72, 5817 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Hebbel followed her first round of 77 with a 75 in the second round to finish with a tournament total of 152, finishing one stroke behind the individual medalist.
- Daphne Chang came in next for the Tornado, finishing sixth with a score of 159 after shooting 80 in the second round.
- Finishing eight was Nicola Robertson who improved on her first round of 83 to shooting 78 in the second round for a total of 161.
- Emilie Olstad was the final Tornado in the top 10, finishing ninth with a score of 162. She improved on her first round of 83 to shoot 79 in the final round.
- Samantha Taylor rounded out the squad, shooting 81 in the final round for a tournament total of 167.
FOR THE FOES
- Tusculum College won the tournament, shooting 623 while the Tornado finished second at 634.
- Katie Tomassoni of Tusculum was the individual medalist, shooting 76-75 for a tournament total of 151, edging out Hebbel for the title.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The top 10 for Chang was the first of her career. Her previous high finish was 17th, coming a season ago.
- For Hebbel and Olstad, they posted top 10 finishes in their first collegiate tournament.
- For Robertson, the top 10 finish mark the third of her career.
- The Tornado are in action again on Monday and Tuesday at the Country Club of Bristol when they host the King University Invitational.