BRISTOL, Tenn. – On Senior Day, the King University men's volleyball team was led by one of their seniors, Eddie Moushikhian as the Tornado defeated Limestone College. King got off to a hot start and withstood a hiccup in the second set to defeat the Saints 3-1.
FINAL SCORE: King 3, Limestone 1 (25-16, 17-25, 25-20, 25-13)
LOCATION: Student Center Complex; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 26-3, 15-2 Conference Carolinas; Limestone 11-10, 11-6 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- King couldn't have asked for a better start, hitting .391 to take the first set 25-16.
- In the middle of the set, Moushikhian started a 10-0 run for the Tornado with one of his six kills in the set.
- He then went to the service line and served up a pair of aces, giving King an 18-9 advantage as the Tornado went on to take the set.
- The Saints used a 6-0 run to take the lead in the second set. The gradually extended their lead, taking the set 25-17 behind a .423 attack percentage.
- A kill from Jeff Sprayberry and a block from Sean Luhmann and Adrian Besson broke a tie and gave King a 15-13 lead in the third set.
- King later scored three straight points to gain separation and Besson gave King the set 25-20 with his first kill of the match.
- Moushikhian and Sprayberry gave King an early 5-1 lead in the fourth set, forcing a Limestone timeout.
- The Tornado later scored eight straight points to take a commanding 18-7 advantage.
- Moushikhian had a pair of kills on the spurt and Sprayberry capped the run with his second ace on the burst.
- Sprayberry ended the 25-13 win with a block, giving King the 3-1 victory.
- Moushikhian led King with 15 kills and 12 digs for the double-double.
- Sprayberry added 12 kills, hitting .355 in the match. He added seven digs and two blocks.
- Luhman chipped in with nine kills and hit .381. He also accounted for eight digs.
- Nick Drooker handed out 25 assists and Matthew DeLong dished out 15 assists.
- Chandler Wellmann chipped in with seven digs in the back row.
FOR THE FOES
- Bruno Kretzschmar led Limestone with 21 kills to go along with seven digs.
- Kevin Rocklein added 10 kills while Anthony Savage chipped in with nine kills and 12 digs.
- Nick Wildes accounted for 12 digs while Luca Wanek handed out 37 assists.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The double-double for Moushikhian marks his third of the season.
- King concludes the regular season at home on Tuesday night when the host North Greenville University.
- Limestone hosts Lees-McRae College on Tuesday night.