BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's volleyball team swept Alderson Broaddus University on Saturday night for their 15th win the season. That win matches the school record for wins in a season.
FINAL SCORE: King 3, Alderson Broaddus 0 (25-17, 25-22, 25-17)
LOCATION: Rex Pyles Arena; Philippi, W.Va.
RECORDS: King 15-2; Alderson Broaddus 4-11
HOW IT HAPPENED
- King fell behind 11-5 early, following a 9-3 run from the Battlers.
- However, King answered with four straight points to force an Alderson Broaddus timeout.
- The Tornado then went on a 7-0, making the run in total 11-1 to give King a 16-12 lead.
- Kiel Bell, Dalton Johnson and Eddie Moushikhian had kills on the run and Nick Drooker served up a service ace.
- Moushikhian served up a pair of aces to give King a 19-14 lead before the Tornado scored the final five points of the frame to take the set 25-17.
- King opened up a 10-6 lead in the second set, but Alderson Broaddus used four straight points to even the set at 10-10.
- King later trailed, and Drooker broke an 18-18 tie with a kill that started a 3-0 Tornado burst. Moushikhian added consecutive kills to end the run.
- Adam Krzos gave King the 25-22 victory with one of his five kills in the match.
- In the third set, King used three straight kills from Bell, Jeff Sprayberry and Krzos to take the lead.
- King later scored five straight points, capped by an Adrian Besson service ace, stretching their lead to 11-7.
- The Tornado heled their lead there before scoring three consecutive points, and four of the final five points to take the set 25-17 and the match 3-0.
- Bell led the Tornado with nine kills and six digs.
- Moushikhian followed with eight kills.
- Drooker handed out 25 assists to go along with five digs.
- Krzos led the defense with seven digs to go along with those five kills.
FOR THE FOES
- Jose Ramirez led Alderson Broaddus with eight kills while Obenda Besongngem followed with seven kills and eight digs.
- Benjamin Bravo handed out 24 assists.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- King matches their program record for wins in a season. The Tornado last won 15 games in 2014-15 when they went 15-13.
- King is in action again on Friday when they host Southern Virginia University at 4:30 p.m. on Friday and Lindenwood University at 7:00 p.m.
- Alderson Broaddus next travels to King face Eastern Mennonite and the Tornado on Saturday.