FRANKLIN SPRINGS, Ga. – Winning conference matches on the road is never easy, the King University men's volleyball team learned that on Friday night. The Tornado trailed at Emmanuel College, but King came back to take the 3-2 victory, keeping the best start in program history intact.
FINAL SCORE: King 3, Emmanuel 2 (23-25, 25-18, 19-25, 25-19, 15-8)
LOCATION: Shaw Athletic Center; Franklin Springs, Ga.
RECORDS: King 8-1, 4-0 Conference Carolinas; Emmanuel 1-8, 0-5 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Tornado got off to a slow start, dropping the first set 25-23 to the Lions.
- King then rebounded to even the set with a 25-18 second set victory.
- Emmanuel regained the lead with a 25-19 win in the third set before the Tornado offense got rolling again.
- King took the fourth set 25-19 and the fifth set 15-8 to stay undefeated in Conference Carolinas play.
- Nick Drooker posted a double-double with 42 assists and 10 digs.
- Jeff Sprayberry led the way offensively with 18 kills
- Kiel Bell added 11 kills and 11 digs for the double-double.
- Chipping in with 10 kills was Eddie Moushikhian.
- Jimmy Nuckolls added 10 digs.
- The Tornado take on Erskine College on Saturday. First serve from Due West, S.C. is scheduled for 2:00 p.m.
- Emmanuel hosts Lees-McRae on Saturday.