FRANKLIN SPRINGS, Ga. – The King University men's volleyball team took to the road to take on Emmanuel College in Conference Carolinas matchup. The Lions took the first set before King took the next two behind a high powered offensive attack. However, Emmanuel won the final two sets to take the contest 3-2.
FINAL SCORE: Emmanuel 3, King 2 (25-20, 10-25, 20-25, 25-17, 15-12)
LOCATION: Franklin Springs, Ga.
RECORDS: King 4-13, 1-10 Conference Carolinas; Emmanuel 5-9, 3-9 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Lions opened the match with a 25-20 win in the first set behind an offense that hit .290.
- King got their offense going in the second set as the Tornado only committed two attack errors in the frame.
- The Tornado took the set 25-10 after hitting .353 in the set, evening the match at 1-1.
- Their offense improved in the third set, hitting .440 with zero attack errors, taking a 2-1 lead in the match with the 25-20 victory.
- However, the Lions responded by hitting .333 in the fourth set, forcing a fifth set with their 25-17 victory.
- In the fifth set, King only made one attack error, but Emmanuel didn't make any, hitting .684 with 13 kills to take the set 15-12 and the match 3-2.
- Jeff Sprayberry led King with 19 kills to go along with eight digs.
- Jon Wheaton added 12 kills for the Tornado.
- Jimmy Nuckolls posted a career-high 15 digs.
- Sean Luhmann added nine digs to go along with seven kills.
- Nick Drooker handed out 43 assists and added five digs.
FOR THE FOES
- Alex Barbosa led Emmanuel with 24 kills and 14 digs.
- Meshach McKnight posted 23 digs while Jordan Funk chipped in with 10 digs.
- Caleb Bonaventure dished out 54 assists.
- King will be in action again on Monday when they take on Belmont Abbey College in Lexington, Ky. The Tornado then face Graceland University later in the day on Monday.
- Emmanuel hosts Lees-McRae College on Saturday.