Mar 17, 2018
BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's track and field team competed at the Charlotte 49er Classic Saturday afternoon. The Tornado set a handful of personal records as they competed hard at the classic.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Adriel McPhee qualified for the finals in the 110 meter hurdles and in the finals set a personal record with his time of 15.08 in the event. McPhee's time helped him finish 20th overall.
- Chris Thomas also competed in the 110 meter hurdles and set a personal record too. Thomas posted a time of 15.66 in the event to finish 40th overall out of over 65 competitors.
- Freshman Jaylon Foster finished 17th overall in the triple jump with a leap of 13.57 meters.
- Braidon Miller posted a personal record in the hammer throw with a distance of 39.46 meters to finish 25th overall in the event. Teammate TJ McMurray threw for a distance of 39.20 meters in discus to place 27th in the event.
- King is back in action March 30 when they travel to Spartanburg, South Carolina to compete in the Terrier Relays.