Jan 27, 2018
ROANOKE, Va. – The King University men's track and field team had a solid weekend at the Finn Pincus Invitational. Adriel McPhee led the way for the Tornado, finishing second in the 60 meter hurdles.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- McPhee qualified for the finals in the 60 meter hurdles with a time of 8.61 seconds before topping that with a time of 8.54 seconds to take second place.
- Also in the 60 meter hurdles, Chris Thomas qualified for the finals with a time of 8.90 seconds. In the finals he finished seventh, covering the distance in 8.93 seconds.
- Xavier Caudill matched his season-best high jump, clearing 1.88 meters to finish fifth.
- In the long jump, Jaylen Foster set a personal record with a leap of 6.46 meters.
- Braidon Miller set a season-best with a shot put 13.77, giving him a fourth place finish. Miller set a personal record in the weight throw with a mark of 13.68 meters to take third.
- In the 3000 meter run, James Russell Ballowe came within four seconds of his personal record with a time of 8:56.78, placing him third.
- King is in action again on Friday and Saturday at the Buccaneer Track & Field Invitational, hosted by ETSU in Johnson City, Tenn.