Mar 25, 2017
ROCK HILL, S.C. – The King University men's track and field competed at the Winthrop ADIDAD Invite over the weekend. Vincent Okot led the Tornado with a first place finish in the triple jump.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the triple jump event, Okot jumped a mark of 14.82 meters, placing first in the field.
- Daryn Hughes set a season best 40.93 meters in the hammer event, finishing in tenth place.
- In the discus event, TJ McMurray landed a mark of 33.98 meters, a season best.
- Braidon Miller also competed in the discus, recording a season best distance of 37.03 meters.
- In the high jump, Hunter Cope registered a mark of 1.80 meters, a best distance in his freshmen season.
- Tanner Cook recorded a top ten finish in the 5000 meter event, placing ninth with a time of 15:22.93.
- In the 3000 steeple chase event, Charles Ramos crossed the line in a time of 10:25.87, finishing in fifth place, a season best.
- James Russell Ballowe recorded a fifth place finish in the 1500 meters, recording a time of 4:13.19 just two seconds off of his personal record.
- The Tornado will be in action again on Friday and Saturday at the Montreat College Invitational in Montreat, N.C.