WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – The King University men's track and field team finished fifth at the Conference Carolinas Indoor Track and Field Championships on Sunday. Vincent Okot led the way for the Tornado, winning the triple jump with a new Conference Carolinas meet record leap.
KING RESULTS: 5th of 9
LOCATION: JDL FastTrack, Winson-Salem, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Okot posted a mark of 15.06 meters in the triple jump to take the conference championship. That mark set a new conference meet record by 0.15 meters. It was also more than 0.50 meters longer than second place at 14.37 meters.
- James Russell Ballowe had a stellar meet, setting a personal record with a 5,000 meter time of 15:24.76 to take second.
- He also took eighth in both the mile and 3,000 meter run with times of 4:37.01 and 9:11.38, respectively.
- Tanner Cook finished third in the 5,000 meters with a time of 15:32.49 and seventh in the 3,000 meters with a time of 9:09.68.
- Also in the 5,000 meters, Charles Ramos finished 10th with a time of 16:12.27.
- The distance medley relay team of Morgan Greene, Chris Thomas, Tyler Edwards and Ramos finished fourth with a time of 11:07.52
- Daryn Hughes led the way in the field events, setting a personal record in the weight throw with a mark of 14.26 meters to finish third. In the shot put he finished seventh with a time of 12.89 meters.
- Elijah Farmer finished seventh in the weight throw with a mark of 13.56 meters and Braidon Miller took eighth with a mark of 13.35 meters.
- Xavier Caudill took fifth in the high jump with a mark of 1.88 meters.
- Thomas posted a mark of 13.43 meters in the triple jump to finish sixth.
- The NCAA Division II Individual Track & Field National Championships are scheduled for March 10-11 in Birmingham, Ala.
- King opens the outdoor season on March 17-18 at the High Point Invitational.