Jan 21, 2017
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – The King University men's track and field team competed at the Wake Forest Invitational on Saturday. Tanner Cook had the highest individual finish for the Tornado, placing 5th in the 3000 meter run.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- King came in 4th place in the Distance Medley Relay, finishing with a time of 10:59.12.
- In the 3000 meter event, Tanner Cook came in 5th place with a time of 8:54.84, breaking his previous personal record of 8:59.25.
- James Russel Ballowe finished the one mile run in 4:35.89, breaking his personal record of 4:39.84 and recording a 20th place finish.
- In the shot put event, TJ McMurray recorded a distance of 11.52 meters, placing 19th.
- Daryn Hughes finished in 16th, recording a distance of 12.89 meters and John Jablonski placed 20th with a distance of 12.14 meters.
- In the 200 meter dash, Adriel McPhee crossed the line in a time of 23.62 seconds.
- The Tornado will be in action again on February 3 at the Buccaneer Invitational in Johnson City, Tenn.