JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. – The King University men's track and field team opened their indoor season at the ETSU Track & Field Invitational over the weekend. Junior James Russel Ballowe led the way for the Tornado, setting a personal record in the 5000 and 3000 meter event.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the 5000 meter event, James Russell Ballowe finished fifth with a 15:36.98 time, shattering his previous personal record of 15:50.08 and ran the 3000 meter event in a time of 9:04.77, breaking his previous record of 9:06.50 to place 15th.
- In the shot put, Daryn Hughes registered a mark of 13.84 meters placing 13th and Braidon Miller recorded a distance of 12.85 meters.
- Elijah Farmen recorded a 14.18 meter mark in the weight throw finishing in 13th place and in his first collegiate event, freshmen TJ McMurray posted 11.51 meters.
- In his first collegiate event, Adriel McPhee finished the 60 meter hurdles with a time of 8.50 seconds, placing 15th.
- The Tornado will be in action again on January 21 at the Wake Forest Invitational in Winston-Salem, N.C.