TIGERVILLE, S.C. – The King University men's tennis team fell to North Greenville University on Friday afternoon. The Tornado nearly came back, winning the top three singles matches, but couldn't complete the comeback as North Greenville took the dual 5-4.
FINAL SCORE: North Greenville 5, King 4
LOCATION: Vance Complex; Tigerville, S.C.
RECORDS: King 3-9, 2-4 Conference Carolinas; North Greenville 3-8, 2-1 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Lennard Neumann and Alejandro Feliciano got King on the board with an 8-0 win over Dion Nijboer and Giacomo Garini at No. 1 doubles.
- However, the Crusaders took the final two doubles matches 8-5 and 8-4 to take a 2-1 lead in the dual.
- Lenny Keswani took a 6-3, 6-2 win over Nijboer at the top flight in singles play before Neumann earned a 6-4, 6-3 victory over William Greaves at No. 2 singles.
- Feliciano pulled King within one of a victory with a 6-1, 6-3 triumph at No. 3 singles over Alejandro dela Torre.
- The match came down to the No. 6 singles match where the Crusaders took a 6-3, 4-6, 6-2 victory to win the dual 5-4.
- King travels to Southern Wesleyan University on Saturday. The Conference Carolinas dual is scheduled to start at 1:00 p.m.
- North Greenville hosts Lees-McRae College on Saturday.