BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's tennis team won their second straight Conference Carolinas dual, sweeping Lees-McRae College 9-0 on Tuesday night.
FINAL SCORE: King 9, Lees-McRae 0
LOCATION: Bristol Racquet Club; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 3-6, 2-1 Conference Carolinas; Lees-McRae 0-5, 0-1 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Arturo Alfaro and Lenny Keswani got King on the board with an 8-0 win at No. 2 doubles and Charles Jabaley and Sebastian Lieflaender followed with an 8-1 win at the third flight.
- At the top flight, Lennard Neumann and Alejandro Feliciano made it a 3-0 lead with an 8-6 victory over Gabriel Muniz and Sebastian Zuhr.
- Neumann earned a 6-1, 6-0 victory at No. 2 singles over Zuhr and Keswani clinched the match for the Tornado with a 7-6 (7-5), 6-4 victory over Muniz at the top flight.
- Feliciano earned an 8-4 win over Matt Meluch at No. 3 singles and Jabaley defeated Rusty Batten 8-3 at the fourth flight.
- Alfaro and Lieflaender capped the Tornado victory with 8-1 and 8-0 victories at No. 5 and No. 6 singles, respectively.
- King travels to take on Belmont Abbey College on Friday at 1:00 p.m. and the University of Mount Olive on Saturday at 11:00 a.m.
- Lees-McRae travels to Mount Olive on Friday and Belmont Abbey on Saturday.