HICKORY, N.C. – The King University men's tennis team played a tough match at Lenoir-Rhyne University on Friday afternoon. King had the lead after doubles, but the Bears came back to take the 5-4 victory in singles play.
FINAL SCORE: Lenoir-Rhyne 5, King 4
LOCATION: YMCA of Catawba Valley; Hickory, N.C.
RECORDS: King 1-5; Lenoir-Rhyne 5-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Tornado got off to a good start, taking two of the three doubles matches.
- Lennard Neumann and Alejandro Feliciano earned an 8-3 win over Tomas Hons and Shane O'Dea at the top flight while Lenny Keswani and Arturo Alfaro topped Paul Lenz and Hamed Gandouz 8-5 at the second flight.
- In singles play, Keswani defeated Gandouz 6-3, 6-4 at the top flight, giving King a 3-2 lead in the match.
- However, the Bears won the next two matches to take the lead before Feliciano defeated Hons 6-4, 7-6 (9-7), evening the tally.
- Lenoir-Rhyne took the final match at No. 5 singles to take the match 5-4.
- King will be in action again on March 6 when they host Limestone College in their Conference Carolinas opener. The dual is scheduled to start at 1:00 p.m.
- Lenoir-Rhyne is in action again on Thursday at Belmont Abbey.