DAHLONEGA, Ga. – The King University men's tennis team finished the regular season with a dual at 13th-ranked University of North Georgia. The Tornado fell 8-1 with Moritz Poswiat defeating a ranked opponent in singles play.
FINAL SCORE: #13 North Georgia 8, King 1
LOCATION: UNG Tennis Complex at Yahoola Creek; Dahlonega, Ga.
RECORDS: King 7-10; North Georgia 17-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Nighthawks ranked No. 1 and No. 2 doubles teams won their matches, 8-2 and 8-3, respectively.
- The Tornado duo of Arturo Alfaro and Lenny Keswani dropped a tight 8-5 decision at the third flight to Jared Bones and Mark Laishley.
- In singles play, Poswiat came from behind to defeat 31st-ranked Niklas Zielen 4-6, 7-6 (7-5), 10-6.
- Keswani fell to 32nd-ranked Alexander Reinauer 6-1, 6-1 at the second flight as the Nighthawks took the final four singles matches to win the dual 8-1.
- King will be in action again on Friday at the Conference Carolinas Tournament in Sumter, S.C. Their opponent is still yet to be determined.
- North Georgia takes on fourth-ranked Armstrong State University on Saturday.