BRISTOL, Tenn. – In their final home match of the season, the King University men's tennis team went out with a Conference Carolinas win over Pfeiffer University. The Tornado trailed after doubles, but came back with five wins in singles plat to take the 6-3 victory.
FINAL SCORE: King 6, Pfeiffer 3
LOCATION: King Tennis Courts; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 7-9, 5-5 Conference Carolinas; Pfeiffer 7-11, 2-8 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Pfeiffer took both the No. 1 and No. 2 doubles matches by scores of 8-5.
- However, the King No. 3 doubles tandem of Arturo Alfaro and Lenny Keswani took an 8-5 win over David Weir and Brandon Marchant to get King on the board.
- The Falcons took the No. 1 singles match, but then the Tornado got going.
- Alejandro Feliciano defeated Raul Ruiz 6-1, 6-1 at No. 4 singles while Charles Jabaley topped Eduan Louw 6-2, 6-1 at the sixth flight.
- Both Alfaro and Alejandro Feliciano had to come from behind at No. 5 and No. 4 singles, respectively.
- Alfaro dropped the first set 6-5 to Weir before winning the final two sets 6-3, 6-4.
- After falling 6-1 in the first set, Feliciano took the final two sets from Thomas Hubble 6-3, 6-1.
- Keswani made it a 6-3 victory when he defeated Bjorn Barwinski 7-6 (7-4), 6-4 at No. 2 singles.
- King travels to take on the University of North Georgia at 2:00 p.m.
- The match between King and Lincoln Memorial scheduled for Saturday has been canceled and will not be rescheduled.
- Pfeiffer travels to Lees-McRae College on Monday.